Friday, August 10, 2007

Greg Preston's amazing book



While perusing through Stuart Ng's great book section at the Comic Con, not only did I get a chance to meet Greg Preston but I also had him autograph his amazing book to me. We talked for a bit as we both stood in line for some other books and I was amazed at how lavish his book was. He took fifteen years to photograph some of the industry leaders in comic books and entertainment including Jack Kirby, Mike Allred, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Jim Lee, Gary Baseman, Frank Cho, Marie Severin, Moebius and an entire cavalcade of luminaries. Out of the many people that he took photos of, many have sadly passed away but there about 80+ still with us and about 60+ were at the Con. Sadly I didn't get a chance to go around and get many autographs of those people but I'm hoping to lug this book out next year and snag as many signatures as I can. Every year we'll lose a few more talented and gifted people from the industry; wonderfully so Greg Preston has taken us into so many of these creative geniuses' studios for a glimpse of their workspaces. Beautiful photographs!!!

No comments: