Saturday, May 19, 2007

Promos & samples




From time to time I get all sorts of phone calls to submit samples of work to art directors and such. I generally try to ask if there's a particular genre of stuff that they're looking for and I try to send samples of stuff that fit more accurately towards what they're trying to shoot for. To me that's just smart marketing. Above are a few of the samples that I just sent out to an art director in Texas. With any luck I'll hit the mark and start working for them soon. We'll see.

2 comments:

DMBoyleDesign said...

...

Let's pray that old man Fitzpatrick doesn't see that car, Dave. I could see him pulling out the red magnum 44 marker right now...

;)

Dave Chow Illustrations said...

Bryon Fitzpatrick would never be so mundane as to mark up my feeble Buick rendering with a Magnum marker. He'd pull out a big yellow Olfa knife and shred it before stomping on it, yes... but never a stink red marker.

I'm gonna miss the old guy at CCS. He was always a breath of fresh curmudgeonly old air. CCS will miss him too.