Sunday, March 25, 2007

Another early influence


As long as I can remember I was always in awe of Jack Kirby's work. This was the man who was responsible for so many of the Marvel Comic characters I grew up with. Along with Stan Lee, he was responsible for The Fantastic Four, the original X-Men, the Hulk, the Black Panther, and a host of other comic creations. He, along with Joe Simon was also the creator of Captain America. His draftsmanship is amazing. He's credited with over 25,000 comic book pages. He was a concept artist long before there was that title in Hollywood. Truly a King amongst men.

"I'm a guy who lives with many questions...because I was never able to resolve them. I try to ask what's out there, and I can't resolve that... I don't know if anybody can. I sure would like to hear the answers... to know the ultimate answer, and I find that search entertaining."

-Jack Kirby

No comments: