Wednesday, December 27, 2017

15 years ago












It's hard to fathom that fifteen years ago I got the call to do the storyboards for Eminem's "Lose Yourself" video. It was an overnight project and I had to meet them downtown to get the premise of the video. Notes were taken fast and furious and the boards had to be assembled for the next day. I don't recall if I had to pull an all-nighter for it but I'm sure it was a late nighter at the very least.

The video eventually wound up winning a Grammy as well as an Academy Award for Best Original Song. It's Eminem's most successful commercial release to date.

From that video, I ended up doing a few more of his video projects as well as some members of his crew. They've always been professionals about things and a breeze to work for.

No comments: