Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Digital sketching


















A few weeks back I did a lecture as to what I do for a living. I had one of the students in the audience ask if I did traditional or digital art. I did straddle both of those eras but to me, it's still drawing. Whether I use paper & pen or stylus and tablet- it really doesn't matter. My clients don't care. Is there something more genuine about one over the other? I'm not sure. I'd also like to think as things progress and evolve, digital will become folded into the traditional realm. I've often wondered what the old masters back in the day what they thought of this new medium "acrylic paint" when that medium made its debut. I'm sure back then it was looked down upon or scoffed at but a few generations later, it too has joined the traditional realm.

No comments: